What’s the secret ingredient necessary to take on impossibly difficult challenges and succeed?
Please “Love Your City Fiercely”
Donate to Preservation Chicago today
Triple Play: Due to the generosity of our board members, all donations received by December 9 will be tripled up to $4,500 total.
Preservation Chicago is committed to strengthening the vibrancy of Chicago’s economy and quality of life by championing our historic built environment.
Preservation Chicago protects and revitalizes Chicago’s irreplaceable architecture, neighborhoods and urban green spaces. We influence stakeholders toward creative reuse and preservation through advocacy, outreach, education, and partnership.
Thank you from your friends at Preservation Chicago for your support of the mission of Preservation Chicago and our tireless advocacy.
Your financial support allows Preservation Chicago to advocate every day to protect historic buildings throughout Chicago. For a small non-profit, every dollar counts. Preservation Chicago is a 501(c)(3) non-profit so your donation is tax-deductible as permitted by law. Donating is fast, easy and directly helps the efforts to protect Chicago’s historic legacy.
For larger donors wishing to support Preservation Chicago, please contact Ward Miller regarding the Preservation Circle details and a schedule of events. firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-443-1000.
Table of Contents
- THREATENED: Union Station Power House
- THREATENED: Uptown Theatre
- WIN: Chicago & North Western Railway Building
- THREATENED: Cassidy Tire Building
- WIN: Ramova Theater
- WIN: Pullman National Monument
- WIN: Fullerton State Bank
- WIN: St. Adalbert Convent
- WIN: Ukrainian Village Workers Cottages
- WIN: North Lawndale Art Deco Library
- WIN: The Draper Apartments
- WIN: Wilson Men’s Hotel
- THREATENED: Nordine Home
- Mt. Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church/Sinai Temple
- WIN: Claremont Cottages
- WIN: Nuveen House
- WIN: “Yellow Brick Road” Honors Frank Baum Home
- THREATENED: 90-Day Demolition Delay Highlights
- LOSS: Spotlight on Demolition
- FILM TRAILER: Power of Place: Honoring the past is the best path to a sustainable future
- WATCH: Preservationists Rally Around Thompson Center as Pritzker Prepares for Sale
- RADIO: What’s That Building? General Richard L. Jones Armory
- PRESS: Former Sun-Times Architecture Critic Comes Out Swinging Against OPC Design, Placement in Park
- OPINION: A Design Agenda for a New Mayor
- PRESS: A trip back in time to the World’s Columbian Exposition
- PRESS: How One Man’s Obsession With Chicago Bricks Spawned A Community Of Masonry Nerds
SUPPORT & PETITIONS
- Keep St. Matthias Parish Open Petition
- Save St. Raise the Roof! Fund The Forum!
- Englewood Brews Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- Monadnock Building Tours With Chicago Detours
- Walls That Talk Film Screening Success
- WIN: Landmarks Commission Announces 2019 Adopt-a-Landmark Fund Grantees
- On Leong Merchants Association, 2212 S. Wentworth Avenue
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory, 1121 S. Leavitt Street
- Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church, 2610 N. Kedzie Avenue
- Beverly Unitarian Church, 10244 S. Longwood Drive
LOST CHICAGO…BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
- Republic Building by Holabird & Roche
- Please Support Preservation Chicago!