On a mild spring morning on March 7, 2020, over 100 people turned out for the first of the 2020 “Chicago 7 Most Endangered” bus tours. Due to popular demand, a second coach bus was added which also quickly sold out. Developed and presented in partnership with the Chicago Architecture Center, this tour and lecture series is in addition to Preservation Chicago’s annual 7 Most Endangered bus tours.
Since 2003, the “Chicago 7 Most Endangered” has sounded the alarm on imminently threatened historic buildings in Chicago to mobilize the stakeholder support necessary to save them from demolition.
As part of the effort to raise awareness, the bus tours are an excellent opportunity to visit many of the “Chicago 7 Most Endangered,” to learn about their history, their architecture and their value to the city’s built environment.
Additional 2020 “Chicago 7 Most Endangered” bus tours tours are anticipated in the summer and fall, but scheduling will be determined as circumstances permit.
Table of Contents
- Chicago 7 Coach Tour
- Chicago 7 Posters & Booklets for Sale Soon
- Chicago 7 Presentation & Coverage
- THREATENED: Chicago Town and Tennis Club / Unity Church
- THREATENED: Standard Club to Close
- THREATENED: Standard Club Art Collection at Risk
- THREATENED: Hollenbach Building to be Demolished
- THREATENED: “Adverse Effect” to Jackson Park Confirmed
- WIN: Perkins-Nordine House Landmarked
- BRAVO: Oxford Capital Contributes Historic Hotels to City’s Coronavirus Response Effort
- LOSS: Mercy Home Demolishes 221 S. Racine for a Vacant Lot
- WIN: Preservation Chicago’s Neighborhood Survey Efforts in Roseland
- WIN: West Pullman Frank Lloyd Wright Home Finally Sells
- LOSS: Paul Revere Lodge/Truc Lam Buddhist Temple Demolished
- THREATENED: 90-Day Demolition Delay
- LOSS: Spotlight on Demolition
- PRINT: Lost Chicago Buildings Showdown
- WATCH: Scaffolding In Front of Landmark Goldblatt’s Building
- WATCH: What’s Happening to Chicago’s Neon Signs?
- PRINT: Chicago’s 10 most senseless demolitions, mapped; From groundbreaking early skyscrapers to sprawling rail terminals
- RADIO: What’s That Building? The Krause Music Store
- PRINT: The Most Interesting Historic Interiors in Chicago
- PRINT: How to Research your Chicago Home’s History Online
- PRINT: ‘High Fidelity’ Turns 20, and the Chicago It Imagined Is Gone
- WATCH: Chicago Jazz Artists Look for Ways to Cope with COVID-19
- PETITION: Save the Chicago Town & Tennis Club/Unity Church
- Chicago Brauhaus Could Return As Part of DANK Haus If…
- Minnekirken GoFundMe Campaign
- Raise the Roof! Fund The Forum! Campaign
- Preservation Chicago 7 Most Endangered 2020 Bicycle Tour
- Chicago Detours Hosts Free Virtual Tours During Corona Shut-In
- Docomomo US Calls for Nominations for 2020 Modernism in America Awards
- Edgewater Beach Hotel by Marshall & Fox
- Please Support Preservation Chicago!