Preservation Chicago held a highly successful sold out “Chicago 7 Most Endangered of 2019” tour on August 17, 2019 conducted by Ward Miller (Executive Director of Preservation Chicago) and Jacob Kaplan (of Preservation Chicago and Forgotten Chicago). The coach tour visited the endangered buildings complete with a running narrative to explore the history and importance of these buildings, parks and features in Chicago and to better understand Preservation Chicago feels they are endangered and should be protected.
- Jackson Park, Midway Plaisance and South Shore Cultural Center in Woodlawn, Hyde Park and South Shore
- Laramie State Bank in Austin
- Loretto Academy/Institute of the Blessed Virgin in Woodlawn
- Justice Hammer/Lu & Jorja Palmer Mansion in Bronzeville
- Second Church of Christ, Scientist in Lincoln Park
- James R. Thompson Center/State of Illinois Building in the Loop
- Roman Catholic Churches throughout Chicago
For more information regarding the 2019 Chicago 7, please visit our website. Full Chicago 7 write-ups are available on our website.